Hell's teeth I am tired. And seem to have pulled one of the muscles in my neck. But tomorrow I fly off across the pond. I'm told Illinois is even colder than London, but I don't think I'll see much outside of the hotel.
For my own convenience as much as anyone else's, here's my schedule for the weekend:
- Noon Benny Summerfield's Fifteenth Anniversary Grand Ballroom E-F
- 1 p.m. Roundtable Lilac A/C
- 2 p.m. Big Finish Q/A Session Grand Ballroom E-F
- 3 p.m. Big Finish From Both Sides Lilac A/C
- 6 p.m. Opening Ceremonies Grand Ballroom E-F
- 6:30 p.m. All-Access Photos Lilac B/D
- 10 a.m. Journey's End Grand Ballroom E-F
- 11 a.m. Writing for Different Media Grand Ballroom E-F
- 3 p.m. Big Finish Panel Grand Ballroom E-F
- 4 p.m. Autographs Lilac B/D
- 5 p.m. How to Write Better Fan Fiction (I'm moderating this one, eek) Lilac A/C
- 2 p.m. Autographs Grand Ballroom A-D
- 3 p.m. Big Finish Then and Now Grand Ballroom E/F
- 4 p.m. State of the Whoniverse 2008 Grand Ballroom E/F
- 5 p.m. Closing Ceremonies Grand Ballroom E/F
A few other things:
- Moran's episode of Spooks is shown on BBC1 on Monday and it's the best one yet, goddamit.
- There's a new spangly website for the new audio Blake's 7. My one doesn't have a page yet, goddammit.
- The first review I've seen of Home Truths thinks it "really pretty good provided you're not fussed by something that doesn't feel particularly Doctor Who-ish," likes the spookiness but not the "leaps in logic", goddamit.
"And although it seems like the story's supposed to be set in the early 19th century, the story is supposed to have been set thousands of years before that yet clearly couldn't have been, so I've no idea what was going on there. Some sort of weird retro colony planet?"No, it's not a retro colony planet, and no it's not set in the early 19th century. And Sara does explain...
Rob Buckley, Review: The Companion Chronicles 3x5 - Home Truths, 26 November 2008.