Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Easy

A long time ago, when I was feeling broken, I'd go and see a couple of chums in Bath who would make it all seem okay. There would be food, a lot of drink, and even more silly stories, and I'd head home again about three feet taller, knowing that whatever-it-was didn't really matter anyway.

I got to be Best Man to these chums, and also to kill one of them in a story. Bwa ha ha.

Bath has now been replaced by a late-Victorian farmhouse in the Marche (back of upper thigh on the Italian "leg"). I was there only last year being a farmhand, but this weekend we went for a surprise birthday.

I have met several very nice few people (including one who is, by a weird coincidence, a mate of a mate), and discussed all kinds of everything under the sun: the slow food movement; the winter procedure for lemon trees; recycled fuels in racing cars...

I also have some pretty good bruises from (not entirely soberly) helping push a Volkswagen Beetle whose battery had fallen asleep. And my shoes are muddy. BUt the Dr and I are both feeling a lot better about everything.

A ton of work sits quietly on my shoulders, and little of it got done this weekend. Also some exciting announcements very soon. And I still haven't seen K9 yet...

3 comments:

Peter A said...

I find the thought of you being three feet taller rather frightening. I plan to tell Nabil Shaban this if I ever meet him.

0tralala said...

Good.

How does it feel to be canon? And does this mean that The Ancestor Cell is now literal truth?

Peter A said...

Someone wrote to me and pointed out that apparently I have destroyed all the previous three K-9s in various novels, short stories, or audios. I hadn't really thought about it. But obviously, I now have a good idea for a short story.